Monday 24 February 2014

My favourite berry lipsticks


Topshop lip bullet - here
I will admit, I have no idea what this colour was called, it is no longer sold on the website though. I bought this on a whim in Topshop because I liked the colour, with no real thoughts on whether or not it would suit me. In short, not. I am waaaaay too pale and no where near daring enough for this! However I do love this blended with a paler colour such as a bright pink to make a lovely pink berry colour, or with a nude to lighten it up. The formula is good - soft and easy to apply and the bullet is like a crayon - lipstick hybrid as it has a fairly precise application and a twist up tube. I definitely want to invest in a few more of these in different colours.


Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in 755 Firefly - here
I only began wearing lipstick around 18 months ago, before that I was a tinted moisturiser/gloss kinda girl. I got this around a year ago and at the time thought it a really scary bright colour haha, really it is a berry toned dark pink which can be put on quite sheer or layered for a more opaque look with a satin finish. I love this for an everyday autumn/winter/spring look (basically all the time).

The Body Shop Lip Liner in 04 Mauve Berry - here
(I know this is not technically a lipstick but I thought I'd include it anyway as it is related). I bought this from a Body Shop outlet store, whilst they had a christmas sale/50 percent off offer on and using my 'love your body' card, making it an impressive £3.20ish instead of £8 - bargain! The crayon is fairly hard but not more so than others I have tested. It was perfect as I had never owned a lip liner before and had no idea if I would use it, but I found I do and I really need to get more. It looks very red on the swatches but is actually a pink toned berry which goes very well with firefly if I want to add some extra staying power. 

L-R: Topshop lip bullet, Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in Firefly, The Body Shop Lip Liner in Mauve Berry (natural lighting).


3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I'm nominating you for the Liebster award. Good Luck :)
    Details at:
    http://pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I've already done it a week or so ago!
      Hazel x

      Delete
  2. Fashion Write For Us10 August 2020 at 06:10

    Hey!
    Live the Beauty Products Articles you post. Keep up the Good work. Visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete