Friday 7 February 2014

Huge Boots haul



Hi all! So I went to Boots at the weekend and, of course, I came out with much more than I intended (Only went for shampoo and conditioner). Boots is definitely my favourite beauty shop,especially the huge one near where I live- it's like a time warp going in there. So yes, here is all the unnecessary (but totally worth it) stuff I picked up:

Ojon damage reverse restorative hair treatment
I got this tiny pot of the Ojon treatment after getting fed up of my hair feeling dry and damaged. As I am trying to grow it I feel I need to be extra kind to it. I wasn't expecting to be this kind, at £18 for 50ml I am expecting something really special. I tried this the night I got home, I will do a full review once I have used it a few more times. First impressions though I love the smell, the girl in Boots got me to smell it before I bought it as it is really a love or hate smell, with most online reviews saying hate. If I had to describe it, it is a kind of burnt/smoky nutty salted caramel, I found it smelt more smoky when I applied it but after washing out I couldn't smell a thing. I used 1 and a half teaspoons on the lengths and ends of my long, thick curly hair so for most a teaspoon would suffice. Putting on a treatment before shampooing is something I need to get used to though.

Benefit see and be seen Sasha perfume
This was a late christmas present from my mum as she wanted me to pick out the perfume I wanted, but as it was the same time I thought I'd include it. I am rubbish at describing smells but on the Benefit website it says 'Top notes: orange flower absolute, apricot, pink freesia Middle notes: ylang ylang, tiare flower, white peony, jasmine sambac Base notes: crystal amber, liquid musk, vanilla'. Wow. It is a very pretty floral scent, it smells warm if that makes sense. I like how it is strong enough to last on the skin but not overpowering. 


Philosophy Fruitcake mix tin
I saw these philosophy goodies on my way out and just had to pop back in and buy them, I can't resist philosophy products, I have loved everything I have ever tried. This set was £12 reduced from £24 and has a mini vanilla cake mix shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath which smells sweet and vanilla-y and basically just lovely for winter evenings. There is also my favourite part of the set: Candied pecan salt scrub. This smells like a maple and pecan pastry twist you get from coffee shops/bakeries, it is just divine. The tub is small but the scrub is really tightly packed (I use a teaspoon to get it out) and feels like it will last for ages. Lastly there is the cranberry medley body lotion, that I was initially really unexcited about but I thought I would probably find a use for it. I proved myself completely wrong, it smells so nice, fresh but sweet and makes such a nice hand cream as it is thick and very moisturising.

Philosophy granny's apple pie shampoo,shower gel and bubble bath
Another last minute purchase, at £7 down from £14 I couldn't help myself. I almost always get one of these for christmas from my family (Last year mojito, year before that coconut) but this year I didn't so I felt I should treat myself to one instead. It is a huge bottle and will last for ages, it smells warm and sweet and fresh, exactly like a really good home made apple pie. As I couldn't smell these in the shop I was torn between this and sweet fluffy cupcake, in the end I decided I would be more likely to like this one, but I wish I had got both now!

Vaseline Spray and Go body moisturiser cocoa radiant
I have seen these everywhere so when I saw this on offer in Boots it just slipped into my basket... I love the idea as sometimes I just can't be bothered to moisturise, especially in the morning. First impressions of this are it smells nice, very much like any other cocoa butter scent, and it has a thin consistency, which helps it to be really light and sink in quickly. At the moment I think my skin needs too much winter tlc for this but come summer I think this will be great and I will use it everyday.

Pantene hair expert Keratin Repair masque
I got this on an impulse as I walked past, I was in need of a new conditioning masque and the claim it removes '2 years of damage in 2 minutes' sounded very good. After one use it feels and smells nice and I think it is doing good to my hair, but I feel I need to use it more first.

Pantene Prov smooth and sleek shampoo and conditioner
I always like to mix it up with shampoo and conditioner and generally get anything that smooths and prevents frizz (and has a good offer on!). I tend to jump between this, Aussie frizz miracle and John Frieda frizz-ease. These were two for £5 I think so I decided to try them. They are both good and I especially like the shampoo as it doesn't contain silicones and is light and doesn't weigh the hair down - personally this doesn't matter to me but if you have thinner hair then this would be a really good option I think.

Boots own brand shower hat
I needed a new shower hat as the elastic had gone on my old Body Shop one. This wasn't too expensive and the elastic feels really good, I can fit all my hair in which is a plus.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, please leave a comment.
Hazel x

3 comments:

  1. I also go to Boots all the time, but I never noticed any of these products. I am quite interested to read about them. Good review.
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Hazel, I nominated you for the Liebster award, go check it out daisyblueblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    Like the informative post. Feels good to go through such posts. Keep up the good work. Visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete